Breaking News
Loading...
Saturday, December 26, 2009

Info Post

Since I started this blog a few months ago, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many people. One person who I’ve gotten to know, (virtually) is wine writer/photographer Tom Hyland. He is an American living in Chicago who has a vast knowledge of Italian wines. He has several blogs and writes for magazines such Decanter, Drinks, and Quarterly Review of Wines. Recently he wrote an extensive piece for Sommelier Journal on Campania wines. He sent me the link (here) and I’m happy to pass it on to you. It is great to see the Campania region getting recognition in the states, particularly wineries such as La Sibilla (my Winerdì partner, Vincenzo’s winery), Feudi di San Gregorio, and Villa Matilda. The article is very informative, with great photos as well as his wine tasting notes. Tom has been to Italy about 40 times, his next visit is in the spring. I hope to get a chance to take him around to some other great Campania cantinas or at least an evening at Ciao Vino. Until then, I’ll just have to follow the blog!!! (www.learnitalianwines.wordpress.com)

0 comments:

Post a Comment