Breaking News
Loading...
Monday, October 24, 2011

Info Post
The pouring rain outside my window is a message.  Karen, your Indian summer is over.  I knew this day would come.  Leave the house with a jacket.  An umbrella.  Break out your favorite high heel brown boots. 

But I was prepared.  I had already said goodbye to summer in the same location a said helloIl Bikini in Vico Equense.  On a hot Sunday afternoon in October.  A week before Giorgio Scarselli was to close his restaurant for the season.  My last meal until March 2012 at a table on a terrace overlooking the beach.  Overlooking the sea.   

And I think I chose well-zuppa di pesce.  Fish soup.  


All the colors and aromas of the sea in a dish.  The flavors of the ocean…shrimp, clams, mussels, octopus and squid.  Il sapore del mare splashed with fresh tomatoes and a sprinkle of parsley.





A glass of white wine…zuppa di pesce…the perfect meal, Scarselli told me. 

The ideal way to say goodbye to my Indian Summer…

Ciao Summer…Ciao Bikini

Il Bikini
Strada Statale 145 Sorrentina Km 13,900
80069 Vico Equense (Na)
081 1984 0029

0 comments:

Post a Comment